Monday, May 7, 2018

Teach 180: Which Inference Procedure? (Day 155)

Today we decided to mix it up a bit in AP Stat by using a Kahoot! to review which inference procedure should be done.  Thanks to Kahoot user david.kish for giving me something to use/modify.  After this activity, several students recognized that they may need to do a little work in this area.  So, I sent them this link in an email.  Notice the variety of concepts that students can review!!


As we continue to review for the AP exam, I think it is important for my students to figure out what they don't know well.  I give them way more practice problems and resources than they need.  The idea is that they need to start to target their areas of weakness.

Today we also started an 8 day take-home final exam.  The students are getting one question sent to them at 8 AM for the next 8 school days.  Their solution is due at 8 AM on the following school day, at which time a new question and the solution to the previous question is released.  It is about 11 PM and already about half of the students have turned in their work.  In fact, several sent me their work before leaving school for the day.  Be sure to read a future blog about this form of assessment and how I think it impacted my results on the AP Statistics Exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment