Thursday, May 10, 2018

Teach 180: Marbleslide Challenges (Day 158)

Today was my last day for seniors in Calculus and I wanted them to spend their final day of math in high school just playing with mathematics.  Thanks to Sean Sweeny's Marbleslide Challenge in Desmos Activity Builder we did just that!  One pair of girls completed eleven of the challenges in about an hour.  The short video below shows the one that I think they were most proud of.


Next year I am thinking of doing this as Sean describes in his blogpost, using teacher pacing and releasing one Marbleslides challenge a week.  However, I may want to reorder the slides for this activity builder based on what functions we are studying in class.  Looks like it might be time to start my summer list of "Ideas for School This Fall".

No comments:

Post a Comment