Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Teach 180: What Happened to Monday? (Day 36)

Monday was such a crazy day that I didn't end up posting about it on Monday.  (It is now Tuesday evening.)  After making copies and finalizing some items for the day, I taught four classes that were an hour long and led a 45-minute advisory period discussion on identity. During the one period that I didn't teach, I met with four other teachers to discuss proposals that had been submitted by twenty students for independent study projects.  At 3:30, I proctored a student for the Who Wants to Be a Mathematician Round 2 Qualifying Contest and had a student make up a test.

Whew! The day flew by.  What happened to Monday?  This was one of those days where if you asked me to reflect on my teaching and what I might do differently I might be at a loss.  The one thing I can say is that my PreCalculus students definitely did not recall how to find the domain of various simple functions, like y = x2 after 3 consecutive calendar days of no math class.

No comments:

Post a Comment