Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Teach 180: A Visit to a French Market (Day 113)

Bonjour!  Je m'appelle Leigh Nataro y je ne parle pas le français tres bien.  But today I spent about 15 minutes visiting a French market in one of the French classrooms.  The students had items for "sale" and were practicing their speaking skills relative to buying and selling food items at a market.  Several of these students will be traveling to France over spring break and this activity helped them prepare for the trip.  Faculty were invited to the classroom to participate in the activity.

I said, "J'ai soif", and a student poured me a delicious (raspberry, I think) sparkling soda.  Next I told one of my current AP Statistics students, "Je voudrai un meringue."  It was a tasty cookie, but a bit overcooked.  I also paid way too much for deux carottes.  I think it was 2 Euros for the baby carrots??  Hmmm, perhaps next time I should study the Quizlet cards a bit more.  In any event, I enjoyed seeing my students in a different setting and this was a fun way to show them that teachers can be students, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment