Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Teach 180: Mathograms (Day 106)

There are times when the school day is over and I just don't feel like working.  Sure I could plan for future lessons or grade the test I just gave.  I could even organize the desktop of my computer. Instead I chose to get lost in some math.  Yesterday I saw a tweet about Desmos Mathograms. I found the tweet again today and opened up the link  http://mathogram.desmos.com/  Then I sent Mathogram Valentines to my daughter and husband. (My husband responded about a minute later with "Geek. Luv ya too.")                          





One of the things I love about both of these is that Desmos lets you see the "Behind the Scenes" of each graph.  Seeing the flower transform to a heart, I was instantly curious how it happened.  And I was surprised to see that it happened in just 9 lines of code! The Sierpinski triangle, just 4 lines of code!! Now I need to take some time to break it down and see just how it works.  I wonder if my tests will get graded tonight.
                               




No comments:

Post a Comment