Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Teach 180: Teaching on Snow Day #4 (Day 101)

Although it is a snow day, we must keep moving ahead in AP Statistics.  Other schools in the south start their review on April 1.  Because our school year starts later and we typically have snow days, we are lucky to have review begin by April 20th.  Losing one hour of clas today means one less hour of review for the AP exam.  Due to our new bell schedule this year, my one AP Statistics class has missed 5 one-hour classes due to snow, delays and early releases.  I believe my other AP Statistics section has only missed one class.

To try to keep some momentum going, my AP Statistics students will be greeted with an email from me at some point today. (It's still before 9 AM and I am pretty sure they are still sleeping.)  In the email there is a link to one of two videos.  Period A will be learning the lesson that Period F did yesterday - determining sample size and confidence level for a given margin of error for a confidence interval for proportions.  And Period F will be learning about the t-distribution and constructing confidence intervals for a mean.  Luckily for me, I had these videos ready to go on my YouTube channel thanks to snow events in 2014 and 2015.


Happy Snow Day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment