Friday, June 8, 2018

Teach 180: The Last Day (Day 178)

Today was the last day for all faculty.  It was sad to think that this was my last time to be with this particular group of teachers and friends.  I took pictures of my empty classroom to remind me of where I have taught for the past 12 years.  I also took a picture of this one special frame I have hanging on my wall.

My classroom has no real windows and has served as "the detention room" for many years.  About a year or two after being at Moravian Academy, the photography teacher, Nancy, asked me "If you could look out a window, what would you see?" 

"A beach scene," I told her.  "It doesn't need to be tropical, but it needs to be a beach scene." 

It was right before spring break and many of her photo students would soon be spending their days relaxing at a beach.  So, Nancy held a contest for her students.  The winning photo would be enlarged and framed behind this window that had been salvaged from Illick (a building on campus).  Thank you Lauren Comes (class of 2009?) for giving me something beautiful and relaxing to look at each day.  Thank you colleagues and friends; I will miss you greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment