Thursday, January 11, 2018

Teach 180: Dept. Chair Responsibilities (Day 83)

It is around this time of year that I get bogged down in piles of administrative stuff.  Today I only taught two classes, which meant my teaching day was done at 10:05 AM.  However, my afternoon was filled with the following:

1) Working with a teacher on a new course proposal for an Introduction to Computer Programming course.
2) Working with that same teacher to get her NCTM membership renewed.
3) Coordinating midterm exams for 12 students who would be missing their math midterm due to County Chorus next Friday.
4) Asking for teacher input for students who should take the AMC contest in February and printing off contest information to prep for the contest.
5) Checking with five different teachers to see if a classroom would be open to administer the contest in February.
6) Organizing my midterm exams for next week.
7) Organizing the midterm exams for the extended time room.
8) Posting results from the latest Math League contest.

With all that you may think that I have finished everything that I need to do.  Nope.  I still have the following on my "To Do" list for tonight:

1) Grade Stat homework (only 2 remain)
2) Grade PreCalc projects (only 4 remain)
3) Grade Calc quizzes (16 to grade)
4) Create a 12 question Kahoot to review for PreCalculus
5) Create a "speed dating" review for Calculus
6) Finalize grades for all classes.


https://www.careeraddict.com/why-a-messy-desk-means-you-re-a-genius
Looks like I should stop blogging and procrastinating.  I've got some work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment