Thursday, December 14, 2017

Teach 180: The Two Hour Delay (Day 70)

Teachers are in a caring profession and we frequently look out for others, often at the neglect of our own health and wellness.  Today we had a 2-hour delay and rather than getting extra work done for school or getting caught up with housework, I chose to take care of myself.  I slept for an extra hour and then did a cardio workout in my basement. (A graph of my steps is at the right.)

That helped me to be ready to take on the day, reschedule a missed meeting, meet with four students, give a test, attend a faculty meeting and attend an optional meeting called "Faculty Fellows".  This month's topic is facilitating class discussions and faculty read excerpts from "A Classroom Revolution: Reflections on Harkness Learning and Teaching". 

In case you are wondering how my Calculus class did with the activity I described in my previous blog, the first two classes were dropped today due to the two hour delay.  There was no Calculus class today, but I will be doing the Plicker activity with them tomorrow.  Tune into tomorrow's entry to see how we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment