Friday, December 8, 2017

Teach 180: Teaching on a Day Off (Day 66)

Today I took a professional day in order to participate on a College Board panel.  The meeting started at noon and it was in New York City.  So, it was about an hour and a half drive. (With the accidental detour into Queens, it was a bit longer.)  I left school shortly after 9 AM, after teaching my first period class. 

Why did I teach my first period class on a day off? 
My first period class was 2 classes behind my other Prob/Stat class and I am worried about completing the content prior to the AP exam due to the change in our bell schedule this year.  To make sure my first period class did not fall 3 days behind the other section of Prob/Stat, I chose to teach the class today instead of having my sub teach the class.

While at my meeting, I learned about the rollout of the Pre-AP program and AP Insight resources.  We also discussed challenges related to equity and access to AP courses and how to make professional development more meaningful and useful for teachers.  I'm headed back to the College Board office on Saturday morning for more meetings that will last until 2 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment