Friday, September 7, 2012

Technology is Great (When It Works)

My school has moved to a 1-1 laptop/ipad program. The 7th and 8th graders get ipads and the 9th graders get MacBook Airs this year. Being a PC person, I have found that items that used to be certain places aren't always the same place. Things that take 2 seconds to do now take 10 minutes to figure out. Luckily there haven't been too many things like this for me and my colleagues have been great at helping me out.

However, my biggest frustration to date is regarding this one website that I was planning on using at least once a week in Algebra 1 this year. When asked how our department was going to use the laptops, this website was one of the two main items I listed. (The second one was using TI-Nspire Publish View with a free 30 day student trial.) I logged onto the site today and nothing shows up. Yes, the site is there, but none of the interactive features work. I am hoping there is just a setting I need to adjust. (Keeping my fingers crossed.) But if it doesn't work, I will need to spend extra time looking for a replacement website. I really don't need to add more to my weekend "To Do" list. Hopefully my math twitter friends can offer some advice. I'll post a tweet after this.

Although it has been a long (and at times, frustrating) week, I did finish my 3rd TI-Nspire Quick Tip. I hope some of you give them a try. Less than 60 seconds for a quick helpful hint.

No comments:

Post a Comment